Encouraging public service is one of the County of Santa Clara’s core values. We thank you for your interest in helping to decrease the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are currently at capacity with volunteers, but we appreciate your interest and we encourage you to check back with us again in the near future to see if our needs have changed.
For the County of Santa Clara, the minimum volunteer commitment for vaccination eligibility is three, eight-hour shifts (24 hours).*
In addition, volunteering with the County does not guarantee that you will receive a vaccination immediately following your three, 8-hour days of service. You may only receive an appointment for a future vaccination.
- Note this is different than the State of California program which offers shots to volunteers after they have donated 4 hours of service. To volunteer for the State of California program, click this link: https://myturnvolunteer.ca.gov/s/landing
|Role||Description||Requirements||Minimum time commitment||Is this role available?|
|Vaccinator||Administers vaccine at a County-run site||Must be one of the following with a current, active license
||At least 12 shifts over a minimum of 4 weeks||CURRENTLY FULL|
|Non-clinical||Helps with wayfinding, line management, etc. Will receive opportunities for signing up at both testing and vaccination sites||
||At least 1 shift per week over a minimum of 4 weeks||CURRENTLY FULL|
|Contact Tracer (Remote)||Performs contact tracing||
||At least 24 hours per week over a minimum of 6 months||CURRENTLY FULL|
|Vaccine Scheduling Assistant (Remote)||Helps schedule appointments for those who don’t have internet access||
||At least 24 hours per week over a minimum of 6 months||TO BE ANNOUNCED|
By completing a short volunteer survey, you can be best matched to role(s) that use your skill set. Each role will support front line staff and first responders, creating a healthier, safer community.
HOW TO SIGN UP AND WHAT TO EXPECT:
Step 1: FILL OUT A BRIEF SURVEY
Step 2: FILL OUT AND SIGN A VOLUNTEER PACKET
Watch your email for a Docu-Sign Packet. Generally, you should receive this within 24-48 hours. This packet outlines some requirements and your rights and responsibilities if you volunteer.
Step 3: GET ONBOARDED
- For vaccinators only: GET ONBOARDED AND TRAINED. Once you complete both the survey and volunteer packet, your information will be forwarded to the clinical team. If you are selected as a volunteer, you should hear back within 1 week. The Clinical team will validate your license (if required) and will contact you via phone or email to review onboarding requirements. You will receive portions of required training and onboarding online prior to starting your assignment. You will also receive on-site training prior to beginning volunteer duties to ensure and confirm competency of assigned tasks.
- For Contact Tracing and vaccine scheduling appointment only: COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK, then GET ONBOARDED AND TRAINED. A background check may be required for some positions including those that deal with the public or handle sensitive information. The County will conduct a background check at no cost to you. If a background check is required, you will receive a link via email, usually within 24 to 48 hrs. The background check itself may take up to 2 weeks but is often completed more quickly. For training, you will receive a welcome announcement, a training plan and instructions on how to register for training. Training and orientation will last for approximately 2 weeks for contact tracing positions.
Step 4: SIGN UP FOR SHIFTS
- For non-clinical volunteers only: If you are selected as a volunteer, approximately once per week, you will receive emails with links to sign up for volunteer opportunities. If applicable, you will be provided appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) PPE on site and relevant procedures.
- For all other positions: You will receive scheduling instructions as part of your onboarding process.
READY? SIGN UP BELOW!
Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 Resource Directory COVID-19 Testing Sites COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions and Ask a Question Healthcare Provider Information Provider Case Report Form COVID-19 Flyer and Poster Library Home Isolation and Quarantine Guidance COVID-19 and Schools/Education County Services During COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium Information Share a Concern Subscribe to Our Public Health Newsletter