FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 26, 2021
No Appointment Required Starting Tuesday at Sites throughout Santa Clara County; Same-Day Appointments Also Available at sccfreevax.org
Santa Clara County, CA – County of Santa Clara officials announced today that most County Health System vaccination sites will accept drop-ins for COVID-19 vaccines from Tuesday, April 27 through Sunday, May 2.
Same-day appointments are also available across Santa Clara County, including at Levi’s Stadium and Eastridge Mall (Aloha Roller Rink). Anyone age 16 and older who lives, works, or attends school in Santa Clara County is eligible for vaccination. Drop-in availability is subject to supply and capacity limitations.
The County continues its robust outreach efforts to ensure that communities most impacted by COVID-19 have ready access to vaccines and other resources. The County and its partners are also working to increase evening and weekend availability for appointments and drop-in clinics to ensure ready access for the entire community.
“Now is the time to get vaccinated,” said Dr. Marty Fenstersheib, COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Officer for the County of Santa Clara. “Join more than one million of your neighbors who have already started their vaccinations and stop by one of our clinics today. Vaccines are absolutely critical to protecting our community, and we won’t rest until every eligible person in our community has the chance to get vaccinated.”
More than 65% of people age 16 and older living in Santa Clara County have received a first dose and more than 37% have been completely vaccinated. For the latest information about vaccines, visit the County’s vaccine website at sccfreevax.org.
County Health System and partner provider vaccine sites with drop-in availability this week are listed below. Individuals seeking vaccination are encouraged to arrive at least one hour before closing time.
Locations with multiple drop-in days:
- Fairgrounds Expo Hall, 2542 Monterey Highway, Gate D, San Jose, CA 95111
- Tuesday 4/27 through Sunday 5/2, 8:30am-4:30pm
- County Service Center, 1555 Berger Drive, San Jose, CA 95112
- Tuesday 4/27 through Friday 4/30, 7:30am-4:30pm
- Emmanuel Baptist Church, 467 North White Road, San Jose, CA 95127
- Tuesday 4/27 through Friday 4/30, 8:45am-4pm
- Mexican Heritage Plaza, 1700 Alum Rock Avenue, San Jose, CA 95116
- Tuesday 4/27 through Thursday 4/29, 10:30am-4:30pm (Tues/Thurs); 12pm-5pm (Weds)
- Gilroy High School, 750 West 10th Street, Gilroy, CA 95020
- Tuesday 4/27 through Friday 4/30, 8:30am-3:30pm
- Mountain View Community Center, 201 South Rengstorff Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94040
- Tuesday 4/27 through Friday 4/30, 8:30am-5:45pm
- Overfelt High School, 1835 Cunningham Avenue, San Jose, CA 95122
- Thursday 4/29 through Sunday 5/2, 10am-3pm (Th/Sun); 10am-5pm (Fri/Sat)
Single day drop-in clinics:
- Martial Cottle Park, 391 Chynoweth St, San Jose, CA 95136 (enter on side entrance at Chynoweth Street)
- Tuesday 4/27, 10am– 4:30pm
- Our Lady of Refuge, 2165 Lucretia Ave, San Jose, CA 95122
- Wednesday 4/28, 10am – 4:00 pm
- Milpitas Sports Center, 1325 E Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035
- Wednesday 4/28, 10am – 4pm
- ConXion, 749 Story Rd., San Jose, CA 95122
- Tafatolu Congregational Church, 2510 Alvin Avenue, San Jose, CA 95121
- Thursday 4/29, 9:30am – 4pm
- St. John Vianney Catholic Church, 4600 Hyland Ave, San Jose 95127
# # #
Follow our Twitter for updates: @HealthySCC
Public Health Facebook: www.facebook.com/sccpublichealth
Public Health Website: www.sccgov.org/coronavirus