The County Public Health Department offers pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics at various community sites through its mobile vaccination program.
The Public Health Department partners with organizations and community partners, including schools, businesses, churches, residential complexes, and other community sites to host vaccination clinics.
The Mobile Vaccination Program prioritizes certain sites, such as:
- Schools (elementary, middle, high schools and higher education) to reach vaccine-eligible students and their families
- Communities within Santa Clara County with low vaccination rates
- Worksites or industry with lower-wage workers
- Worksites impacted by COVID-19 outbreaks in the past
Please see the Mobile Vaccination Program flyer for more information.
Note: If your organization already has contracted with a pharmacy for onsite vaccination, you may not be eligible for this program.
How to Request Mobile Vaccination Services
Submit a request here to begin the process. Please read requirements in the section titled ‘Logistics & Requirements for Operation’ below.
Alternately, email [email protected] for more information.
Logistics & Requirements for Operation
Locations requesting onsite mobile vaccination clinics are required to provide the following:
- Clinic promotion to employees, clients, families, and students
- Assistance from facilities and environmental staff on the day of the clinic
- Space to hold the clinic and parking for staff and clients
- Restrooms for use by staff
- Running water for use during the clinic
The County will provide:
- An onsite visit to identify clinic location and flow
- Vaccines and clinical staff to vaccinate employees, clients, families, and students
- Non-clinical staff to provide registration, assistance with forms, and post-vaccination monitoring in various languages
- Outreach materials and signage
- Removal of all medical waste
- Equipment to run the clinic including canopies, tables and chairs, if not available on site
- Training for organization members assisting with the event, if needed
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does my organization have to pay for the clinic?
No. The clinics are provided free of charge to sites as a part of our public health mission.
What happens once my request is submitted?
Once your request is submitted, a representative will contact you within 72 hours to gather more information and discuss the next steps.
When can I expect the mobile vaccination clinic to occur?
The time frame of a mobile vaccination clinic is determined by availability of program staff. A mobile vaccination clinic is usually scheduled 1-4 weeks from the request date.
Who will administer the vaccine?
Eligible individuals will be vaccinated by trained and licensed medical staff, which could be a nurse, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or, a Paramedic from a partnering Fire Department or a County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provider. After vaccination, clients will wait 15- to 30-minutes for our trained medical staff to monitor for any negative reaction to the vaccine.
Who is eligible for vaccination?
Anyone age 5* and older should get vaccinated. Health insurance is not needed and everyone is welcome, regardless of immigration status. Anyone eligible for a booster should get a booster dose at the clinic.
*Children ages 5-17 need permission from a parent or guardian to get vaccinated which could be:
- A signed consent form,
- A parent or guardian present with them, or
- A telephone call to the parent or guardian.
Visit sccfreevax.org for more information about COVID-19 vaccine eligibility and clinic locations.
What is the In-Home Vaccination Program?
The County of Santa Clara has launched a free In-Home Vaccination Program for individuals who are unable to leave their place of residence. Individuals must meet certain criteria to be eligible for the program.
Obtain more information and apply to the In-Home Vaccination Program online.
COVID-19 Vaccine COVID-19 Testing Sites COVID-19 Resource Directory COVID-19 Vaccine Data COVID-19 and Schools/Education Home Isolation and Quarantine Guidance COVID-19 Vaccine Record Frequently Asked Questions and Ask a Question VaxUp Video Contest Healthcare Provider Information Provider Case Report Form COVID-19 Flyer and Poster Library Eviction Moratorium Information American Rescue Plan Subscribe to Our Public Health Newsletter Share a Concern