COVID Data and Reports
Santa Clara County is carefully analyzing the spread of COVID in the community. The County is committed to providing accurate, reliable reports to the public, and additional data will be added over time as new information arises.
Data updated Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays
*Data regarding deaths are updated every Friday
**Please note: individuals are considered "eligible" for the Updated (Bivalent) booster when they have completed their Primary Series vaccinations and had their last COVID vaccination at least 2 months ago. In addition, the, the Updated (Bivalent) booster may be referred elsewhere as the "Omicron" booster.
Please see below for a list of available data related to COVID.
- Community Spread
- COVID in Wastewater: Provides the daily concentration of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID, present in county wastewater treatment facilities serving people who live and work in Santa Clara County. Data from wastewater analysis can be used as an indicator of the level of transmission of COVID in the community and track the prominence of new variants.
- Comparison of COVID Cases and Wastewater Concentration: Demonstrates the difference between reported COVID cases to concentrations of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater.
- COVID Vaccinations: Provides information on COVID Vaccinations administered over time, and demographics of vaccinated Santa Clara County residents.
- Cases and Deaths
- COVID Cases and Deaths: Provides information on the total number, and demographics, of cases and deaths that are attributed to COVID.
- COVID Cases by Vaccination Status: Compares case rates among vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
- COVID Hospitalizations: Provides data on hospitalizations that involve COVID.
- Testing and Variants
- Laboratory-Reported COVID Tests: Tracks information on total laboratory-reported daily COVID tests within Santa Clara County.
- COVID Variants: Tracks the presence of COVID variants among a representative sample of COVID cases among Santa Clara County residents.
- Financial Tracking
- Financial Tracking Dashboard: Provides an open and transparent accounting of the County's COVID-19 expenditures.
Visit the County of Santa Clara's Open Data Portal to download data related to these dashboards.